I am looking forward to hiring talented and self-motivated graduate students in the area of Transportaion Engineering with a focus on traffic safety, traffic operation and simulation, CAV technologies, driver behaviour, and ITS. If interested to join the program, please go through the following steps then send me an email.
Please use my UND email address for contacting me!!
I wish you the best luck and to achieve your career goals!
General Steps :
1- Make sure you meet all the UND requirements and you are eligible to join the graduate program. Please visit with the links below!
- Ph.D. Requirements (B.Sc. in civil engineering with a GPA of 3.3 or higher or M.Sc. with a GPA of 3.0 or higher) + Decent record of publications.
- Master’s Requirements (B.Sc. in civil engineering with a GPA of 3.0)
- Addmission Requirements (unless you completed your degree from a recognized institution where English is the primary language “please review the website” you are required to get an overall score of 6.0 for IELTS, or 76 TOEFL iBT, or 550 TOEFL PBT, or 110 Duolingo, or completing level 112 in ELS center)
2- Send me a research proposal following the TRB paper format on one of the following research topics:
- Impact of CAV technologies on traffic safety and operation
- Advanced ITS applications to promote traffic safety and operations
- AI applications on transportation engineering
- Traditional and advanced statistical approaches for traffic safety assessment: challenges, limitations and future directions
- Lessons learned from the Second Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP 2) to promote road safety in adverse weather conditions
The proposal is expected to be 4 to 7 pages long without the cover page and references.
Application for <PhD or MSc> – <Last name, First Name> – <semester> <year>
example: Application for PhD – Gaweesh, sherif – Spring 2024
What to Expect
- I will review all the submitted documents and a detailed feedback will be provided with a chance to address my comments on the proposal and resubmit it.
- Unless you follow the provided steps, you will not receive a reply or feedback on your emails.
If your qualifications meets the requirements and the proposal meets expectations, we will have a quick online meeting and you will be asked to officially apply on the UND website.
Joining civil engineering graduate program is extremely competitive and merit-based. The above mentioned steps are mainly for screening process and completing them does not guarantee your admission, assistantship, or tuition waiver.